Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meet Grrr nica- Picasso monster!


I decided that for my newest set of monsters, I would take my inspiration from artists that I love. I actually love a lot of obscure artists, so decided that it would probably be better to choose artists that I love that others love as well:-)

It is a lot more difficult than I thought to create a monster that others would recognize as inspired by Picasso- but I had a ton of fun trying. In the end, this little monster is one of my favorites.
My favorite Picasso painting is Guernica, which is a pretty tragic painting to inspire a fun piece of child friendly art... but I think I managed to capture the bull figure a bit in my horns and eyes.

I also knew I wanted to include Picasso's signature striped shirt.

So, do you think I captured him in my little monster?

And if you haven't entered my giveaway for February,
please click the link and leave a comment.

Winners will be announced on February 28th!
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. haha, this is amazing! this little monster does has the personality of Picasso!

    I'm so intrigued by your monsters! Gonna follow you, can't wait to see more of them!<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...